The intellectual territory of our integrated care services at Bangkok International Hospital involves a “one-stop care center” which is well staffed with a multidisciplinary team covering a wide range of health professionals in all sub-specialties in order to provide comprehensive medical assessments and holistic treatment plans in accordance with primary disease (s) and other comorbidities.
By taking a “patient-centric view”, besides clinical perspectives obtained from physicians, the healthcare services will be individually customized and provided based on patients’ needs and preferences. To achieve beyond expectation in patient-centered care, particularly with patients who have movement difficulties, most medical services covering assessment, diagnosis, and treatment from all specialties will be delivered to the patients’ door while hospitalized at BIH, unless certain medical investigations and procedures require special equipment or machines which are immovable. As a result, patient-centric care significantly increases patient engagement, satisfaction, and compliance while reducing patient anxiety and improving quality of life.
In addition, we have implemented “precision medicine” which proposes the customization of healthcare with medical decisions in risk screening and disease prevention. Based on a genetic understanding of individual patient, this helps the healthcare plan being personally tailored to each patient.
Placing the emphasis upon treatment of patients at Bangkok International Hospital, the benefits of our integrated care services include:
- One-stop care service allows patients to experience the next level of satisfaction with more comfort and a high degree of convenience.
- The best possible treatment outcomes could be substantially obtained from comprehensive medical care of both primary conditions and other underlying diseases by using a multidisciplinary approach.
- A wide coverage of specialties and subspecialties include cardiology, oncology, rehabilitation, respiratory diseases, metabolic diseases such as diabetics, dyslipidemia and hypertension, gastroenterology, gynecology, nephrology urology, ophthalmology, Ear-Nose-Throat, geriatric medicines, and more. This wide range of subspecialties enables all comorbidities to be accurately assessed and properly treated in the first place parallel to the treatment of the main condition. It certainly ensures that all treatments needed for each patient will not be inattentively delayed.
- Patient-centric approach greatly helps enhancing patients’ knowledge and understanding of their medical status as well as their engagement and satisfaction since they are not only treated from clinical viewpoints, but their emotional, mental, spiritual and social perspectives are also considered. In addition, to empower patients to become more engaged, the effective communication skills from physicians and related health care providers correctly address patients’ needs, which is a crucial priority.
- Integrated care with family involvement helps to plan, manage, and implement the most appropriate treatment solutions for patients and their families. This greatly contributes to ensuring that patients and families’ needs and expectations can be realistically addressed.
The value-added of integrated care services could be perceived in several aspects. Not only the improvement of clinical treatment outcomes as a major health benefit to the patients, the significant improvement of patient satisfactions to be viewed as “patient-centric” also plays a crucial role to drive this approach to be “value beyond expectation”.