Pain or discomfort around the hip and knee area bowed leg, knock knees, the elongated distance between knees, clicks and sounds while moving, inability to fully extend, difficulty getting up or sitting down, and difficulty navigating stairs are all symptoms of hip and knee arthritis. This can lead to constant pain and discomfort as well as be a major obstacle to a person’s daily life. These conditions do not only occur in the elderly, but also in younger working-age individuals who are also at risk. Hip and Knee Center offers diagnosis and treatment of patients with hip and knee conditions that include:
- Hip arthritis, Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis or joints that were damaged by conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, osteoarthritis as a result of an accident, torn ligaments and broken bones, subluxation, joints destroyed by infection
- Avascular necrosis of femoral head, Osteonecrosis of the knee
- Irregularities and abnormalities in hip and knee shapes such as bowed leg
- Herniated Disc
- Congenital Hip Dislocation
- Complications that may occur from an initial surgery i.e. loosening of implants and prosthetics, bone that has been damaged from loosened joints, inability to bend knees following insertion of prosthetic, broken bones following an implant procedure, infection following an implant procedure
Free of worry every step of the treatmentThe key to Direct Anterior Approach Cosmetic Incision Hip Replacement is the expertise of our surgeons and the care we provide both during and after surgery. For maximum safety and satisfactory results, the Bangkok Hip and Knee Center is committed to Customized Service with Advanced Care and Technology, including
- Our customized service and individualized treatment are designed to cover pre- and post-surgery treatment programs, in effect until the patient fully recovers. We offer complete patient care provided by a multidisciplinary team, who also teach patients about their own recovery. – Before surgery, doctors plan for the joint exchange using computer technology to create patient-specific scenarios (using a digital template or patient-customized instrument) together with nurses, anesthesiologists, nutritionists, and others to provide close supervision in preparing the patient for surgery.– After surgery, we provide a specialized ward for patient care. Nurses, physicians, anesthesiologists, and rehabilitation therapists visit the patient and design a rehabilitation plan aiming for a quick return to normal life. We utilize Alter G during rehabilitation, preventing blocked veins by both drug and non-drug treatments. Patient care services such as osteoporosis are also covered.
- Total Joint Care begins during the early stages of the disease using technologies such as non-surgical treatment, muscle rehabilitation, and adjustment of walking balance by Alter G, including injections for osteoarthritis treatment, surgery for the restoration of joint mechanisms, laparoscopic surgery or joint replacement surgery, and treatment for patients who have had surgery changing a joint but for whom problems persist.
- Advanced Prosthesis Choose the best implant most appropriate for each patient; for hip replacement patients, the material option available is ceramic, which is harder and glossier than other types of materials with a longer usage time, suitable for patients aged 46 – 60. Use the new stem to reduce the problem of sinking implants.
- Navigating HIP Hip replacement utilizing the new computer-aided orthopedic surgery.
- Experienced surgeons Care from hip and knee specialists.